San Antonio Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society.
SAAAIS may amend the Agreement at any time by posting the Agreement as amended on this Site. You agree that a notice of amendment posted on the Site shall constitute reasonable notice of such changes. Your continued use of this Site shall indicate your acceptance of the Agreement, as amended. Please review this link from time to time to view the latest version of this Agreement. This Agreement was last revised ___ September 2005.
1. Grant of License. This Agreement provides you with a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use this Site, conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. Nature of Service. This Site is designed to provide information to healthcare professionals and patients or their caretakers about the products and services offered by SAAAIS. This Site does not provide medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911. For complete information, please see a doctor or other health care provider. Neither the content nor any other services offered by or through SAAAIS or this Site is intended to be relied on for medical diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Site. This Site contains information about products and therapies authorized for use in the United States and is intended for a United States audience. If you live outside of the United States , you may see information about products or therapies that are not available or authorized for use in your country.
3. Intellectual Property Rights. All textual, graphical and other content created by or for SAAAIS or its affiliates and appearing on this Site is the sole and exclusive property of SAAAIS. SAAAIS also owns a copyright in this Site as a collective work and/or compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content. Republication or citation of any content generated by this Site without SAAAIS' written consent is expressly prohibited. You agree not to copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, distribute, transmit, reverse engineer, frame, “scrape” data, decompile or dissemble any aspect of this Site (including, but not limited to, prices and product descriptions or images) with the following exception: You may display, print and store one electronic copy of content provided by SAAAIS for your personal use. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
SAAAIS and/or its affiliates owns the names and design marks it uses for its products and services on this website. The symbol ® indicates the trademark and/or design mark is registered in the U.S. Patent and TradeMark Office and in certain other countries.
All other names and marks mentioned in this Site are the trade names, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
The products, processes, software and other technology described in this Site may be the subject of patents and/or other intellectual property rights owned by SAAAIS or by third parties.
4. Links to other Sites. SAAAIS may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating information and services that may be of interest. These sites have not been reviewed by SAAAIS and are maintained by third parties over which SAAAIS exercises no control. SAAAIS does not endorse such web sites and SAAAIS expressly disclaims any responsibility for their content, the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information thereon and the privacy practices and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on or in connection with any such third-party web sites.
5. Privacy. The information SAAAIS receives, and how SAAAIS uses it, depends on what you do when visiting our website. SAAAIS collects and uses your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your personal information.
Non-personal information is information SAAAIS may collect through this website that does not identify you as an individual person. It may include information such as the following:
· the type of web browser you use (for example, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer)
· the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
· the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website
· the date and time you access our website
· which pages you have visited on our website
· personal information that has been de-identified
There are several types of information which SAAAIS collects. For all visitors to the Site, SAAAIS collects and logs your IP address. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. SAAAIS collects IP address information to properly administer our system and to gather aggregate information on visitors to the Site and how the Site is being used, including the pages visitors are viewing. This aggregate information may be shared with advertisers, sponsors and other businesses. To maintain your anonymity, SAAAIS does not associate IP addresses with records containing personal information. SAAAIS will use IP address information, however, to personally identify you in order to enforce its legal rights or when required to do so by law enforcement authorities.
SAAAIS also places small data files, called “cookies,” in the browser file of your computer's hard drive. These cookies automatically identify your browser to the SAAAIS server whenever you interact with the Site. Most browsers automatically accept these cookies, but you usually can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. If you do decline SAAAIS' cookies, some part of the Site may not work properly for you. In addition, SAAAIS usually collects the domain name of the server from which you are visiting. This can provide SAAAIS with information relating to the sources of the Site's traffic. Collecting this information does not allow SAAAIS to personally identify you.
SAAAIS uses general traffic, site usage, and length of stay information in reports to advertisers and firms with which we have a business relationship. This sort of information is shared only on an aggregated basis and does not personally identify you.
Personal information is information we collect through this website that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
· telephone number
· e-mail address
· medical device serial number
· personal health information
· date of birth
SAAAIS will handle any personal health information which you provide to it in accordance with a federal privacy law commonly referred to as “HIPAA” or the “HIPAA Privacy Rules.” For more information on how SAAAIS handle your personal health information, please refer to the Notice of Privacy Practices.
In some places on the Site you have the opportunity to send SAAAIS personal information about yourself. For example, you may fill out a registration form, a survey, or an e-mail form.
You also may choose to allow SAAAIS to personalize your visits to the Site, in which case we will ask you for certain personal information to make your visits to our website more helpful to you.
SAAAIS may, from time to time, send you informational e-mails or newsletters. In addition, the Site provides you with the opportunity to receive certain other communications from SAAAIS or third parties. To stop receiving communications, you may send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send mail to the following postal address:
San Antonio Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society
999 East Basse Road
San Antonio, Texas 78209
Some areas of the Site may allow you to conduct e-commerce transactions. In connection with these transactions, SAAAIS collects data furnished by you as necessary to complete the transaction. This information may be furnished to a third party in order to facilitate the transaction.
This Site gives you the opportunity to change or delete information that has previously been furnished by you to SAAAIS. To change such information, you can send an e-mail to SAAAIS at email@example.com.
We care about the privacy of children. We do not permit registration by, nor do we intentionally collect personally identifiable information from, any person we actually know to be under the age of 13. If you think we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAAAIS will cooperate with governmental authorities and comply with all court orders involving requests for personal information. The personal information SAAAIS collects on this Site is an asset of SAAAIS' business and in the event that SAAAIS, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired or become the subject of a merger, such information may be transferred.
6. Copyright Owners' Rights Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by SAAAIS infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the materials be removed, or access to them blocked. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send SAAAIS a counter-notice.
Notices and counter-notices must meet statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. One place to find more information on the DMCA is the U.S. Copyright Office web site. Notices and counter-notices for this Site should be sent to: SAAAIS, 999 East Basse Road , San Antonio , Texas 78209 .
SAAAIS suggests that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be substantial penalties for false claims.
7. Security. SAAAIS takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to this Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to SAAAIS via e-mail.
8. Events Beyond SAAAIS' Control. You expressly absolve and release SAAAIS from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond SAAAIS' control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism, or governmental restrictions.
9. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY SAAAIS ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SAAAIS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SAAAIS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SAAAIS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS OR E-MAIL SENT FROM SAAAIS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SAAAIS ALSO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IN ANY WAY, AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS THAT MAY APPEAR ON THIS SITE OR FOR POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH CHANGES. SAAAIS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING SEPARATE AGREEMENTS YOU MAY MAKE WITH THIRD PARTY HOSPITALS AND HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS, AND YOU AGREE TO LOOK SOLELY TO SUCH THIRD PARTY HOSPITALS AND HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS FOR ALL AND ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF SUCH AGREEMENTS AND/OR THE MEDICAL CARE PROVIDED BY SUCH PARTIES.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER SAAAIS NOR ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PROPRIETORS, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SHAREHOLDERS, SERVANTS, ATTORNEYS, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF USE OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED AT THIS SITE) ARISING OUT OF USE OF THIS SITE, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, OR ARRANGEMENTS MADE BASED ON INFORMATION OBTAINED AT THIS SITE, EVEN IF SAAAIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
10. Term and Termination. This Agreement will take effect at the time you begin using this Site (thereby indicating acceptance of this Agreement). SAAAIS reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny you access to the Site or any portion thereof, and to terminate this Agreement. Termination will be effective without notice.
11. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SAAAIS and its affiliates and all of their employees, agents, directors, officers, proprietors, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from your use of the Site or any breach by you of this Agreement.
12. Governing Law. This Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas , United States of America . You agree and consent to the personal jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of Texas , for any action concerning any dispute arising in connection with this Site or this Agreement. If any portion of this Agreement is adjudged invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining portions will remain valid, enforceable, and carried into effect. This Site is controlled and operated by SAAAIS from its offices within the United States . SAAAIS makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this Site are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this Site from other locations, you do so on your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
13. Waiver. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by SAAAIS of any right under this Agreement will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
14. Severability. If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in effect.
15. Entire Agreement/Reservation of Rights. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and SAAAIS with respect to your use of and material available on or through this Site, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between you and SAAAIS with respect to this Site. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.